In 1946, Gaston Lapierre started a small bicycle business in Dijon, France (Côte-d’Or - Burgundy), quickly finding success in an industry that was experiencing rapid growth in general. The management was passed on to his son, Jacky Lapierre in 1960. In 1972, a new factory was constructed in the industrial zone of Dijon to accommodate increased production numbers. In addition to the production plan, a new building was also dedicated to spare parts sales, complete with a new showroom for the bike collection.The Lapierre brand thrives and becomes a reference among bike specialists. After almost 70 years in the bike business, is constantly moving forward, innovating, and developing its products to offer to the riders a better ride.